I’ve learned a few things lately: Erotica writers are sexy. They are also sarcastic, hilarious, will not hesitate to kick your ass if they feel you deserve it and are lovers of all things gothic. I’ve also learned it’s wrong to generalise, so for today I will limit my comments to the wonderful Mistress of Darkness, Angela Addams.
I’ve read her work (fantastic), have had the pleasure to get to know her a little bit (I adore her), and I was very excited when she suggested a blog swap of THINGS WE CANNOT LIVE WITHOUT to give others a chance to know us better. So on that note, I offer my blog up to Angela:
So this blog post is going to be about some of my faviourite things…no, not just favourite…more like can’t live without kinda things. Choosing just five things was difficult. I could have gone with the easy stuff, family, friends, etc…but I thought this would be a great opportunity for you all to get to know me a little bit better. I picked some of the classic, first date, kinda topics that would come up and be vitally important to getting to know me.
1) Favourite Movie: The Breakfast Club –I think I’ve watched this movie at least two hundred times. As a teen, I could identify with each character in some way…the nerd, the loser, the goth, the rebel, the princess, the jock…okay…so maybe not the princess or the jock, but I do have red hair and Molly Ringwald was an actress I identified with because of that. At one point I could recite every single line (much to the disappointment of my parents…the f-word is used quite liberally in this movie.) Ally Sheedy’s character, Allison, was the catalyst to my goth days and I was in love with Judd Nelson (still kinda am…but who doesn’t love the bad boy? 😉
2) Favourte Book: This is tough…there are so many amazing books and I am an avid reader. I’d have to say the one book that I have read several times and will read again is Bitten by Kelley Armstrong. This was the first supernatural book that I read as an adult that piqued my writerly instincts and set me back on the supernatural path (I had strayed for a while into the land of historical fiction.) Armstrong reinvented werewolves and broke a few rules in the genre…definitely opened my eyes to the possibilities.
3) Favourite Band: Um…that would have to be Nine Inch Nails (big surprise to those who know me even a little). I am in love with Trent Reznor and have seen NIN in concert so many times that I can actually insert crowd cheers during key parts of certain songs. I’ve even had an opportunity to speak to Trent (let me tell you, this was the highlight of my 18th year).
4) Favourite Food: Is steak…without a question. I will never turn down a steak dinner. Medium rare with blood dripping out…melt in your mouth yummy. You want to entice me somewhere I don’t wanna go…promise me steak and I’ll come running. Seriously. I will.
5) Favourite Technology: Without a doubt my iPhone…I have had nightmares about losing it, damaging it, dropping in the toilet (which I’ve heard happens quite frequently). I take my iPhone with me EVERYWHERE…and would be lost without it. I read on it, chat with friends on it, take and send pictures, videos, etc. I search the web, play games…strangely, I rarely use it as a phone, you know, to actually call anyone but, meh, whatever. I love, love, love my iPhone 😀
And one freebie item that I can’t live without –Mascara…call me vain but being a redhead with very pale eyelashes, I find mascara to be one of the most important items in my possession. I will not leave the house without a little black/brown defining my lids…NEVER!
So there it is, a little getting to know Angela Addams…if you want to find out more then follow the links below.
Amazon Author Central: http://www.amazon.com/Angela-Addams/e/B005JOTBPM
Every day is Halloween for author Angela Addams. Enthralled by the paranormal at an early age, Angela spends most of her time thinking up new story ideas that involve supernatural creatures in everyday situations.
Well, until now, that is. Angela has recently expanded her creative repertoire to include contemporary erotica, because the written word is an amazing tool for crafting the most erotic of scenarios even if there are no werewolves in sight.
She lives in Ontario, Canada with her loving husband and children.