So it turns out that I have been nominated for a new blog award! It’s always nice to open ye olde inbox in the morning to find that someone has considered all of my hard work worth recognizing. Quite the lovely ego boost!
In respect of Rule 1 of this particular award, I would like to send a big thank you to Kathi L Schwengel for the nomination. Kathi is a phenomenal writer, a great person to chat to, and a source of never-ending support for me in my writing-induced madness.
Rule 2 seems to expect me to share 7 things about myself. I suppose I could try to come up with seven…
1) I strongly believe that chocolate & peanut butter is a magical combination. I am not above dropping chocolate chips into a jar of peanut butter on a really stressful day and eating it with a spoon. That’s right. I am a very class lady.
2) I wish that I was allergic to lemons. I don’t like the taste of them, I hate the smell of them, but apparently loathing is not enough to stop the family from offering it to you at birthday parties. At least if I were allergic, I’d have a good excuse.
3) I kill plants. I love plants, but as as soon as I try to make my home their home, they die. It makes me very sad and depressed and as I’m watching the pathetic state my only lasting plant is in, I’m thinking of giving up.
4) I’m a DVD junkie. My collection of movies is bested only by my collection of books, which basically means I have no room for anything else in my home.
5) I love fantasy RPG computer games. I rationalise playing them as much as I want, because it’s not wasting time, it’s research for my books…
6) Give me a small space with a blanket, a good book and a space heater and I’m the happiest person in the world.
7) Annnnd… (I’m totally reaching now. It turns out I don’t know 7 facts about myself offhand) I’m a list person. I keep about ten to-do lists throughout the day; I organize my life with self-imposed schedules and items to check off. Without them, I’d feel like I never accomplished anything
That’s enough of that.
Rule 3 is to pass this award on to other blogs I’ve discovered lately and enjoy reading. In particular order:
Allie Burke – in the clouds
Colin F Barnes
J.G. Banks – Big Bears Den
Amy L Overley
Molly Greene – Worth Becoming
Julie Anne Lindsey – Musings from the Slush Pile
Kendall Grey – Life is but a dream
Rule 4 is then to contact said bloggers and let them know, which I shall proceed to do.